Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Some thoughts...

In my youth, I worked at a salvage yard or 2 and and had alot of friends that did too. One of the things I learned from that experience was that salvage yards have interchange manuals to guide in knowing what parts interchange between different models of vehicle. Such a manual would be HELPFUL in dealing with Mercury marine products. Would an engine cover from a mercury 90 horse fit a mercury 115 horse of the same era, for example. Mercury Marine has a decent site with diagrams, but for interchange info it is not so good, because you have to have the serial number of the motor in question. One is likely to only have half of the equation, unless one owns both of the things they want to know about interchange on, in which case they could just figure it out the old fashioned way.

Also, I am unable thus far to find where one might get oem replacement parts for the boat itself - online, anyway. The trailer needs a couple replacement parts too, and I am just not finding them. I guess a check with a Starcraft dealer is in order one of these days. I knew that would be unavoidable at some point.

No comments: